Tuesday 28 August 2012

Wish upon a Star

Wish upon a Star  - published 28th August 2012
On my SABATICAL in the early 90’s I worked and lived as a Scuba Diving Instructor all over the world.  It may seem to be a carefree life to some, but in all honesty, most of the people in this kind of lifestyle are wounded souls. I packed up my life in South Africa and enrolled in a 6 month Scuba Instructor training program on the East Coast of Australia.  It was a relief to know that the “tannie” factor did not apply in Oz as I was much older than most of the students!
I worked on a live aboard sail boat as the cook and cleaner to earn extra money during my training.  In my “search” for the meaning of life and making sense of my life situation, I spent many hours gazing at the stars. At the time I was painfully disillusioned with Life. Anchored off one of the Whitsundays Islands on the East Coast, with no interfering electric lights, I reconnected with God. Feeling like a speck of dust yet certain that God knows ‘Little’ me, was a truly spiritual experience.  Gazing at the night sky is still one of my favourite things to do. Shooting Stars to be wished upon – and twinkle-twinkle dreams to be dreamed.
Nothing remains stagnant in Life except dirty pools of water!  Change is constant and change can be very beneficial.  The challenge is NOT to go into FEAR of change, but to embrace it.  Sometimes it is hard to say good-bye to the old and to let go of things that have become familiar.  Our OLD habits can actually weight us down and no longer serve our best interest.  Remember, if we do not let go of the OLD there is no room for the NEW. We all need some personal ‘spring cleaning’ from time to time. 
Once you have done what you need to do to facilitate the unfolding of your dream – then you need to LET GO AND LET GOD. Then, we can finally stop waiting...........and SIMPLY LIVE! Live TODAY – if we wait for everything to be right – we will spend our entire life waiting............we need to have FAITH and TRUST and then JUST LIVE!
Just for today let go of your impatience.  Just for today let go of your angry thoughts.  Just for today try to smile at a stranger.  Just for today do something without reward. Just for today...........
We do not need to understand or know all the answers. When we try to control the outcome we tend to mostly get in the way – knowing that we are NOT ‘in charge’ - takes a lot of pressure off – we turn our faces up, breath and allow God. 
IF YOU GIVE YOUR ALL THEN YOU HAVE ALREADY WON!
Karin Engman      Life Coach     Motivational Speaking       
For appointments:  072 1896951      Ermelo 
www.karin-engman.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment