Monday 6 May 2013

The Hummingbird 7 May 2013

The Hummingbird    7 May 2013
It is said that our physical appearance represents our inner world. This spans across the way I present myself to the world (make up/ hair/ clothing) to what is reflected in my eyes and in my smile and the general shape I am in (fitness). 
Painful life events can be avoided for a while, in order to just cope with day to day living. Our physical appearance will eventually show just how we are ‘coping’.  
Ultimately this is a gage of self-value/worth. We may be guided and prompted and on some level we KNOW, but disregard and ignore this. Without unconditional forgiveness, the river of love cannot flow through us, and we cannot heal our pain, so it simply ‘dams’ up.
I recently watched a documentary about Hummingbirds. The incredible precision of manoeuvring between flowers is simply awesome.  This tiny beautiful bird can choose any direction to fly/hover – up/down/back or forward. It reminded me, that we also always have choice.   Where do we go from here – today?  Are we flexible and courageous enough to move in the direction we need to, in order to become whole again? In my heart, I have noticed acceptance, breaking like the dawn of a new day, in all its splendour. When we find that place of unconditional love and forgiveness, we are able to experience a renewal of the magic, that living life and love has to offer, beyond loss and tragedy.
The Hummingbird represents JOY – as we simply stay still in gratitude, just for this moment! Your Will, not mine, will be done.
Karin Engman    072 7246985   thehummingbird@vodamail.co.za
www.karin-engman.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment