Thursday 2 May 2013

Letting Go 23 April 2013

Letting Go…..   23 April 2013
I watched “The Life of Pi” for the second time yesterday and it touched me once again.  It is the most beautiful movie I have seen in a very long time.  I love the way he wants to practice every religion in his search for God and yet in the end stays true to his roots.  Demonstrating the importance of establishing a living relationship with God, that will carry us through life. The perseverance and bravery of this young man is truly inspirational.
With the loss of my beloved brother, in such tragic circumstances, I recognized the pain expressed by Pi, as he was being carried off from the beach, sand stuck to his face and wailing like a child. I remember that so well.  “Richard Parker left me so unceremoniously and this broke my heart”.
What hurts the most with a sudden and unexpected death is that we are deprived of a moment to say goodbye.   
“In the end the whole of life becomes an act of letting go”.  Letting go of our expectations.  Letting go of our disappointments.  Letting go of what we believe is supposed to be.
I find peace in my belief, that those who have passed are still with us in spirit – for as long as they are needed.
I light a white candle of peace today, for all those who still carry the pain of the loss of a loved one – may you find acceptance, forgiveness and be able to let go.
Karin Engman   072 7246985    thehummingbird@vodamail.co.za
www. karin-engman.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment