Thursday 27 February 2014

Family Here We Grow 28 Feb 2014


Greatest Growth Gifts
 
Today I realized, that I am finally free from the burdens of regret. It was not a gradual realization – it was sudden – like waking up one morning and knowing:
 I am free, I feel lighter!  
 
I have had many opportunities of personal growth. Especially in my childhood and early adult years, but even now, my life continues to present more growth opportunities.  We can choose to perceive our relationships as challenges, hardships, misfortune or gifts.  We have a choice as to what we do with life’s challenges:  move through it or spend a life time stuck in self-pity and bitterness.

Family members present us with the best opportunity to have ‘relationship’. Yet, we often miss this gift of learning or the life lessons associated with challenging family relationships. Eventually, we may realise that families are actually our greatest teachers on our life journey.  
 
The alternative is to hold on to all our grievances and live a life of Bitterness.  This ultimately results in physical illness and a certain life of unhappiness and many negative life experiences. I understand and accept that each person is doing their best and working through a treasure chest of unresolved issues themselves, whilst navigate their lives.  We can choose to exchange resentment with empathy.
 
 My heart filled up with unconditional love and I am grateful for each member of my family!
 
When we no longer resist what we can’t change and willingly learn what we are supposed to learn, we are set free. 
    
Only YOU can make that choice!
 
 
 Karin Engman     Laleli Life Coach and Motivational Speaker   082 7246985
 

No comments:

Post a Comment