Monday 4 November 2013

The Gift of Nature 1 November 2013

The Gift of Nature   1 November 2013
At this time of year, the extravaganza of the Iceberg Roses is simply breath taking, especially in a large grouping.  First the buds are filling out with the promise….then from one day to the next, they are all flowering!  What a joy!  It lights up the entire space!
       Today is my father-in-laws’ (lives in Sweden) birthday!  Grattis Borje! He is like a breath of fresh air, when it comes to seeing and appreciating nature. He would love the show the roses are putting on this year!
    I am reminded of “our life is but a blink of an eye”.  How much do we miss as we hold onto the speed train of our busy lives? Before we know it, our kids are out of the house, then we are middle aged and then we are old…..
    Unless we take the time, we will miss the entire show of Iceberg blooming event! Yes we do see it, it, but do we sit stop and really take it in and rejoice in the beauty? My bed of roses looks like a thousand candles lit up at once. It filled my whole being with so many possibilities, and opportunities.  I am grateful for all that I have, and all the love that surrounds me.  Today I choose to focus on what I have, instead of what I do not have.  Today I choose to appreciate that which I love in others, instead of what I wish I could change.  The perfection of nature is worth ‘pausing’ for just that moment or two.  A reminder, that God is with you – every step of the way.
Karin Engman     life coach and motivational speaker    072 1896951
thehummingbird@vodamail.co.za    www.karin-engman.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment